Welcome on board to Wellingborough Golf Club and Professional David Clifford.
Wellingborough Golf Club, a private members Club situated at Harrowden Hall in the Heart of the Northamptonshire countryside, offers a magnificent golf course set in 160 acres of fine rolling parkland.
We have a long tradition of welcoming visitors to play our par 72, 6721 yard course, and regularly host Regional, County and Open competitions.
We offer facilities for hosting conferences, seminars and a variety of functions, including weddings and anniversary parties, in our spacious Hall and superbly maintained grounds.
Access to Wellingborough is easy and convenient via A14, M1 and A1 motorways.
At Harrowden Hall
Work on the present course began in 1972, and it was opened in 1975. When the Hall was purchased for use as a Clubhouse, the original layout was changed so that the first tee and the eighteenth green could be seen from the clubhouse.
Two par three holes and two par fives were replaced by testing par fours. In 1999, all the greens, bunkers and surrounds were re-laid and new drainage put in at a cost of £500,000.
The result is that the Club now has the facilities to host year-round golf on greens that meet USGA standards.
The Club was formed in 1893 by seven gentlemen who invited others who might be interested to meet at 8pm on Friday November 3rd in the Welllingborough Drill Hall. Twenty-nine men were present and enthusiastic, so Old Tom Morris was engaged to lay out the first course on three fields belonging to Nest Farm (what is now the Finedon Road industrial estate).
The first clubhouse of any substance was a railway carriage. In 1923, a new nine hole course was constructed by Tom Williamson of Notts Golf Club, at the Bushfield, 'Waterworks' site (the present Gleneagles Drive area of Wellingborough).
The Club flourished there until 1975 when it moved to its present home at Harrowden Hall.
Wellingborough Golf Club